Thursday, February 10, 2011

Tshsi

I'm in the office this morning because some of the staff is out. I just have to answer phones and use the computer! Great time to blog I thought :)
Lambano has  new girl in the Hospice as of Monday. Tshsi is a 17 year old girl. I heard part of her story Tuesday and it literally hurt my heart. I can't go into much detail. Just she is HIV+ not of her own doing. Both her parents are no longer living. She will probably be at Lambano for about 6 months to a year. I'm not sure where she is with God, but I am looking forward to getting to know her much better during my time here. Her English is very good so no barrier there. She has been on my mind since she got here and I have been praying for her constantly. Please pray that God will help me with words to say and to be a friend to her :)
Boutimelo is still in the hospital and if it's Meningitis he will be there for a long time (he was there for 3 months last time) I asked if I would be able to visit him and starting Monday I will 1 to 2 times a week hopefully. Siybille will take me so I'll know the way to the hospital and I'm looking forward to hanging out with him and maybe doing some school if he is up for it. Sometimes the hospital staff isn't to keen on visitor in the mornings so pray that I will be able to visit ok :)
Yesterday I had to go pick up Unathi from school early because she wasn't feeling well. Kokesto came with me. He is a very quiet boy. It's looking like a may be able to go home soon next month! So can remember that in your prayers. He does talk about going home so I know he is really waiting to.
Martha (staff at Lambano) and Valerie (volunteer from Ireland) get back tomorrow from their holiday in Cape Town. Valerie returns home on Monday. I'm gonna miss her. She was the one who took my on the school runs until I was comfortable driving. And showed me which therapy to do with Junior (5 year with brain damage) in the hospice.
Tomorrow are swimming lessons at the aquatic center for the hospice kids and House 36. It was suggested that I take Junior for more therapy in the water. When he is excited he screams really loud, it's how he expresses his joy. So hoping that he will do well tomorrow.
Saturday are the other kids swimming lessons at the aquatic center. Last week I taught my kids Tebogo, Unathi, and Nkosi at House 78, the water was kind of cold which isn't very good for them especially Nkosi's muscles because he wears leg braces to help him walk. So it was decided that I would take them to the aquatic center too! The pool in heated and covered so it will be alot warmer for them!
Tonight Miriam (my roommate from France) and I will be going to the pool to swim. We went Monday but there was a thunderstorm :-P
Thank you for your encouragement, support, and prayers. One more thing, pray for me and that I can daily make decisions regarding teaching the kids in light of eternity. Who know what God has planned for their lives? He may use them for His purpose in the future. Pray for there attitudes towards school, some days are a struggle. Pray that I can make it exciting and interesting for them and that we can be productive.

No comments:

Post a Comment