Friday, March 18, 2011

His plan

I've been absent my blog this week because Tuesday night I got sick with a stomch flu that lasted into the better part of the night and drained me to the point of still effecting me now. I was so weak and tired that I was in bed all of Wednesday and most of Thursday. As soon as I was able to keep things down I started mt Reliv shakes again and hope to gain back my strength soon. I still feel tired and lightheaded. So prayers for continuing recovery are welcomed :) Lambano has covered my school driving duties up until the end of the week. This weekend I am off with the youth from the church and some volunteers at Lambano for the BYSA (Baptist Youth of South Africa) conference until Monday. Staying there for the nights too!
I didn't eat anyhing that made me sick we know that much because my roomate ate everything the same as me. Lyn said that is was probably a flu bug going around and the change of seasons etc. I sure don't remember a time when I got that sick...so it has been awhile anyways if I had!
As I lay in bed those couple of days drifting to sleep off and on I thought, how can I be glorifying God when I'm to ill to even get out of bed!? How can I be using this situation for the furthering of His kingdom!? It was quite trying when I came here to give care and end up receiving it...the most I could do at that point was pray and read. A quote by John Piper comes to mind something about God is most glorified in us when we are most satisfied in Him. Can I be satisfied in God even when I'm sick? All I could do in those moments of pain was call out to Him. I'm have not studied much the book of Job, but it has caught my interest...I know everything was taken from him including his health. I don't have answers for my questions, but it something I'm thinking and praying about.
While I was sick here in South Africa, back home in the USA my sister was in a car accident, she hit black ice and the car flipped over and was totaled. Give thanks to God she is alright, but it still shook me...What if my family was calling to tell me something else besides asking if my sister could drive my car now!? God is good all the time, all the time God is good. When I was younger I wrote a song... My desire is for God's will, His Sovereign will. His plan for me will not be thwarted; I put my trust in Him. In whatever happens I can find joy; Cause my desire is for His will.

Can I still cling and live by those words I so innocently sung as a child now that I'm older and understand more of the hard cruelness of life in a fallen world of sin?

Yes.

I know that You can do all things, that no purpose of Yours can be thwarted. Job 42:2

No comments:

Post a Comment