Sunday, December 12, 2010

Reguarding Journeys in this Life

We all have a journey in this life. Everyone's is different from another. God equips each individual specially to go on their journey. Though it may be a disease they live with, a particular calling, etc. As Christians we all have one journey that is the same for all of us and that is sharing the gospel and living it out.
One month from today I will be beginning another part of a journey that started over 10 years ago. Started with a divine calling... some may not believe in that; I do, and that doesn't make me any more better than another. I know in the deepest part of me that this is what I have to do and I can't describe it. I'm not going to South Africa for attention or an adventure. I'm going simply because God told me to.
I have many mixed feelings about it, but one is not fear. God has been preparing me for this long before I knew I was going. He has been faithful and patient with me as I've been on the journey and He will continue to be. I pray God will show me how I can be the change I wish to see in the world. May He guide me in wisdom and discernment in the choices I make. This is my destiny.
In the next 30 days as I gear up for Africa I pray and ask you to pray that God will continue to prepare my heart and teach me what He will for me to be a comfort to these children. That through my actions and my words they will see Christ and His love. God has a perfect plan for each of these little ones! To the world, they seem like nothing but orphaned and abandoned kids, that are of little worth because of the disease existing in their small bodies...but they are precious creations of the Lord!
I pray that God will empty out my mind and heart of meaningless, sinful things and fill me with Him. That He will show me what I need to do, so that nothing hinders me in Africa to do what He has for me to do over there. The last thing I want is for my sinful, selfish self to get in the way of what God has called me to do. Thy will be done Father.

Who is wise and understanding among you? Let them show it by their good life, by deeds done in the humility that comes from wisdom... wisdom that comes from heaven is first of all pure; then peace-loving, considerate, submissive, full of mercy and good fruit, impartial and sincere. James 3:13,17
Thank you for your continuing support and prayers.
Love in Christ,
Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment