Saturday, November 13, 2010

Support Letter

Dear Family and Friends,

I want to share a wonderful opportunity I have coming up this year! I have had a heart for missions overseas since I was a child. Almost 2 years ago God called me to Africa and I have been praying about what He will have me do there. God has opened a door!

On January 11, 2011 I will be departing to South Africa for a period of 5 months. I will be volunteering at Lambano Sanctuary located in Wychwood, Johannesburg. Lambano is a sanctuary for HIV+/AIDS abandoned and orphaned children. They offer a loving, caring, Christian environment for the kids. During my time there I will be working in the mornings with the hospice children and babies then in the afternoons assisting as a homework teacher.

My heart is for Africa and the children there. I can’t wait to see how God will use me in these little ones lives! As I prepare to serve the Lord while being on mission, my prayer is that I will live out what it means to love the Lord with all my heart, soul, mind and strength. Also as I reflect on what the trials may be of caring for a dying child one thing comes to mind, God is Sovereign! I have a chance to be a comfort to these children and share Jesus with them! :)

I’m excited about the opportunity and experience that lie ahead! I have been working all summer to raise funds, however, as you can imagine a trip like this requires financial support from a number of people. If you would like to be a part of this mission through your support financially I would be so grateful! Send a check to: Grace Covenant Church, P.O. Box 312, Cashmere, WA or if you attend GCC just put it in the tithe box . All contributions are tax deductible if made out to my church.

Most importantly, I also need your prayer support. Prayer is the fuel that will allow me to be successful as I follow God’s leading in my ministry in South Africa.

Thank you so much for prayerfully considering if this is something you’d like to participate in. May God bless you for your time and support :)

Love in Christ,
Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment